High Level Round Table 'Celebrating Entrepreneurship Education'28 September 2016
The second ICEE round table took place in Riga (Latvia) on September 22-23.
During the 2-day conference policy makers, ICEE partners, experts and schools representatives were invited to discuss what we already know about the impact of entrepreneurship education, to share the interim results of the ICEE project and discuss what is needed to move entrepreneurship education forward.
Schools representatives had the opportunity to participate in workshops; ministry people and guests joined a combined high level round table with the EE-HUB project where policy recommendations were discussed with a specific focus on Northern Europe; everybody could network with the schools awarded with the 2nd edition of Entrepreneurial School Awards, a national and European recognition of the schools championing entrepreneurship education.
The round table was a unique opportunity to highlight synergies across different projects and to facilitate the conversation between policy makers, academia, educators and practitioners. Participants had the opportunity to discuss the progress on entrepreneurship education, share best practices at national level and to learn more about the work JA Europe is doing trough projects like ICEE (research), EE-HUB (policy) and The Entrepreneurial School Awards 2016 (Schools).
Together with the ICEE partners, the event gathered more than 40 school representatives from 17 countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, UK) and 20 Ministry representatives from 12 European countries:
- Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Belgium)
- Labour and Employment Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Pedagogical Institute of Cyprus
- Ministry of Education and Research in Estonia
- Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland
- Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Industry of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Ministry of Education in Italy
- Ministry of Education in Latvia
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries in Norway
- Embassy of Slovakia in Riga
- Ministry of Economic Affairs in The Netherlands
- Ministry of Education, Science, technology and Sports in Uganda